Näytä vastaamattomat viestit
Näytä aktiiviset viestiketjut
Tänään on Pe Maalis 23, 2018 12:30 am

Kirjoittaja Viesti
Viesti  Viestin otsikko: am. I think Im going to fit  |  Lähetetty: Pe Helmi 23, 2018 4:35 am

PITTSBURGH -- Recovering from a stroke, Pittsburgh Penguins defenceman Kris Letang said his doctors have reassured him that hell be play hockey again. When that could happen is unclear. The 26-year-old Letang spoke to the media before the Penguins faced Montreal on Thursday night, the first time he has spoken to reporters since having the stroke on a West Coast trip before the Olympic break. "Im targeting it day-by-day," Letang said. "Im trying to improve every day I come here. I try to exercise the best I can. I see doctors pretty much every week, twice a week to get better. So well go from there." Doctors are treating Letang with blood thinners and he has been doing light exercises without weights. "(Doctors) said being 26 and having a stroke, its actually a small percentage, but the chance that I get back to normal is really high," Letang said. "Well take the decision from there, but for now, were keeping like this. ... Im going day-by-day to get to 100 per cent," Letang said. "I feel like Im trying to make steps and getting closer to coming back at one point." The last month has been particularly difficult for his family. "When you see your mom crying or your wife, any of my family members, its always a tough thing to handle," Letang said. "Everbody is really careful, like I cant even lift the luggage without them trying to help me out. Otherwise its just been mentally tough a little bit." Letang said his wife found him on the ground the morning before the team flew to Los Angeles and his mother-in-law, who is a nurse and was also on the trip, took care of him. "I was not able to function," Letang said. "The day before I was totally fine, I was practicing. I woke up and didnt expect that would happen. I went in the car and went to Los Angeles and thought it would clear up but it never did." Letang, from Montreal, has 54 goals and 173 assists in 419 games in eight seasons with the Penguins. He signed a $58 million, eight-year contract extension last summer, but has been plagued by injuries this season, missing 19 games with an elbow infection and a lower-body injury before the stroke. Letangs most recent game was Jan. 27 against Buffalo. After being a Norris Trophy finalist last season, he has 10 goals -- matching a career high -- and 18 assists in 34 games for the Eastern Conference-leading Penguins. "Im not going to say its not a really good season for me," Letang said. "Two of (my injuries) were kind of bad luck, but honestly, if I have the chance to come back this year and play, its going to be great. I want to make sure I forget all about the three-quarters of the season I missed." Nacho Monreal Jersey . The Montreal Canadiens goaltender has won three of his four games since returning from a lower-body injury that kept him out from the end of the Olympic break until March 15. Olivier Giroud Jersey . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. http://www.arsenalsoccerpro.com/Authentic-Wojciech-Szczesny-Arsenal-Jersey/ .com) - Virginia is for loving Latrell Scott. Rob Holding Jersey . Kripps, of Summerland, B.C., and Edmontons Barnett used a terrific second run to move up two spots, putting the Canadian duo in medal contention with the final two runs set for Monday (11:15 a.m. ET, streaming live at cbc. Joel Campbell Jersey . Four years after winning gold on home ice in Vancouver, the Canadians will get a chance to make it two in a row Sunday against Sweden after beating the United States 1-0 in the Olympic semifinals Friday at Bolshoy Ice Dome. OAKLAND, Calif. -- Craig Gentry is committed to doing what he can to help the Athletics win another division crown in 2014. The As added outfield depth Tuesday by acquiring Gentry along with right-hander Josh Lindblom from the division rival Texas Rangers for outfielder Michael Choice and minor league infielder Chris Bostick. The teams announced the deal Tuesday, a day after Oakland traded for AL saves leader Jim Johnson in a swap with Baltimore and also reached agreement on a $22 million, two-year contract with left-handed starter Scott Kazmir. "I definitely didnt anticipate it, it caught me off guard a little bit," Gentry said. "Being on the other side of the white lines from these guys so many years, its a great ballclub." While the two-time defending AL West champion As have their starting outfield returning in centre fielder Coco Crisp, left fielder Yoenis Cespedes and right fielder Josh Reddick, Gentry provides an option off the bench and creates depth. The returnees have dealt with injuries in recent seasons. Gentry said he is comfortable playing all three outfield spots. "I really dont know what my role is going to be," said Gentry, who had yet to speak to the As brass. "Hopefully whatever I can to help the team keep winning and keep up their streak. They handle themselves, they play hard. That team is exactly the type of player I am. I think Im going to fit in well over there." GGentry batted .dddddddddddd80 with two homers and 22 RBIs in 106 games for the Rangers this year, while Lindblom went 1-3 with a 5.46 ERA in five starts and three relief appearances over three stints with the Rangers this year. Gentry received a call from Rangers general manager Jon Daniels while on the golf course Tuesday with news of the trade. "Its a big rivalry between Oakland and Texas," Gentry said of his success against the As. For the Rangers, acquiring Choice brings the outfielder back home to Texas -- and he will have a chance to contribute right away rather than be competing to make the big league team out of spring training with Oakland. "Its something Ive always dreamed about, playing at home," said Choice, a Fort Worth native who grew up attending Rangers games while going to high school and college in Arlington. The 24-year-old Choice, taken by Oakland with the 10th overall pick in the 2010 amateur draft, made his major league debut in September and played nine games late in the season for the As, batting .278 with a double and two runs scored. Daniels considers Choice an option for now and the future. Choice could become the everyday left fielder if the Rangers dont re-sign Nelson Cruz. Bostick played for Class A Beloit in 2013 and hit .282 with 14 home runs and 89 RBIs in 129 games. He drew 51 walks for a .354 on-base percentage and stole 25 bases. He provides depth for the organization in the middle infield. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Näytä viestit ajalta:  Järjestä  

Käyttäjiä lukemassa tätä aluetta: Ei rekisteröityneitä käyttäjiä ja 9 vierailijaa
Et voi kirjoittaa uusia viestejä
Et voi vastata viestiketjuihin
Et voi muokata omia viestejäsi
Et voi poistaa omia viestejäsi
Et voi lähettää liitetiedostoja.

Poista evästeet | Henkilökunta | Kaikki ajat ovat UTC + 2 tuntia [ DST ]